All teams will be assigned a number and starting time which will be posted on the website by Thursday 28th June, 2018. You will be required to be at the starting area having completed your registration procedure and been through the briefing at least five minutes before your start time.
TEAMS THAT MISS THEIR START TIME WILL DROP TO THE END OF THE LIST AND WILL HAVE TO WAIT TO THE END OF THE LIST TO TAKE PART IN THE EVENT
Mud Run Team Registration will take place from 10.00 am to 11.00 am. Briefing will be between 11.00 and 12.00 pm and first team will begin at 12.00 pm.
Team captains will be responsible for each team and must ensure
- all team members are in good medical condition and able to participate
- each team member signs and returns the indemnity form ( minors: age 14 to 17, must have an adult sign on their behalf)
Team captains will be responsible for the safety and well being of their team members
In the event that any dispute arises; the team captain must convey this to the event adminsitrators before the close of the event at 6.00 pm. The organisers decision is final.
Prize giving for the mud run event will take place immediately after the close of the event, on Saturday 30th June.
Drinking water will be available for competitors at the registration tent for the duration of the Mud Run. In the interest of reducing plastic waste, water will be provided in jugs and we encourage you to bring your own reusable water bottles to fill up.
A wash trough will be available throughout the mud-run and gauntlet duration for competitors to rinse off. Otherwise, the organisers have provided for a changing room/toilet block and access to some water for additional cleaning as required.
Please be advised that this is a MUD RUN, it will be a wet and muddy event. There is also a chance of rain during the weekend. Kindly come prepared for this. Also note that water supply for showers will not be available.
Should you wish to donate any muddy clothes to charity, they can be brought to the registration tent.
This is a fun event, and we expect all competitors to abide by the rules and regulations. We expect that teams and their supporters will be responsible in their behaviour and exhibit the spirit of good sportsmanship.
We also request that you be aware that Kembu Farm is a working farm and we therefore request that:
– you do not litter, adequate litter bins will be provided, kindly ensure they are used.
– smoke in the designated smoking areas and do not discard any lit cigarette butts
- Camping fees must be paid for in advance, only those who have paid will be allowed access into the camping area.
( Groups with more than 10 tents in the group will be charged an extra fee – payable in advance or will be charged on site )
- Please ensure that you leave your camping area without any rubbish.
- Please be careful about the use of open flames
- No extra water will be available for campers so be sure to bring adequate supplies of water for your use
- Be mindful of other campers and respect the noise regulations and note: generator and music will be switched off at 11.00 pm on Saturday 30th June.
Mud Run team participants and spectators may also register for the individual gauntlet to be held on Sunday the 2nd from 10.00 am to 1.00 pm. Entry for team members will be only 1,000/- Entry for non-team members will be 1,500/-
- There will be a craft fair taking place throughout the weekend with unique hand crafted items. Come prepared to do some shopping.
- There will be a Tractor demonstration and trial activity sponsored by John Deere and Tata International
- There will also be a variety of activities including an Archery Competition, Footgolf competition, RC competition and Children’s Mud Splash for everyone to enjoy.
Food and drinks will be available on site throughout the weekend and spectators are encouraged to come along, enjoy the weekend and support their teams!
While there will be security at the campsite througout the event; please take care of your belongings and ensure your valuables are placed in a safe place. The organisers will not be held responsible for the loss of any personal belongings.
We look forward to welcoming you for a #muddygoodweekend. Also note that their will be a photography competition taking place, carry your camera and submit your photos, you never know what you may win.
Please visit : https://www.extremeoutdoorsafrica.com/the-up-country-fair-mud-run/ for more details.
MUD RUN 2018 START TIMES
|NO||TEAM NAME||START TIME|
|6||JOHN DEERE TEAM||12.05|
|9||BUTCH AND SUNDANCE||12.08|
|20||TEAM WHITE WALKERS||12.19|
|24||TEAM KEREITA OUTDOORS||12.23|
|37||ALMOST BONE CRUSHERS aka||12.36|
|39||TOUGH MUDDER FUDDERS||12.38|
|42||ALL THAT NGIRITAS||12.41|
|43||AM NOT BOARDING….||12.42|
|47||PILLS & POISON||12.46|
|62||BEAST MODE BABES||1.01|
|66||DUNGA HILL CAMP 1||1.05|
|67||DUNGA HILL CAMP 2||1.06|
|75||BOOTCAMP KE 2||1.14|
|76||BOOTCAMP KE 3||1.15|
|84||THE MUDDY DUCKLINGS||1.23|
|85||ROYAL SKATES 1||1.24|
|92||UNFIT & OVERCONFIDENT||1.31|
|96||TOWICHKA SAFARIS 1||1.35|
|97||ROYAL SKATES 2||1.36|
|98||TOWICHKA SAFARIS 2||1.37|
|107||LUKS GRAPHICS A||1.46|
|108||LUKS GRAPHICS B||1.47|
|110||THE FOUR COUSINS||1.49|
|114||Individual Entries 1||1.53|
|115||Individual Entries 2||1.54|
|116||Indidvidual Entries 3||1.55|